Saturday, May 4, 2013

Summer time!

Wednesday was the last day of the first year of my graduate school education. To say I'm excited would be an understatement...I'm halfway done, whoooo!

It's always exactly 12 weeks from today that I become Mrs. Scott.
                                                                     Future Mrs. and Mr.


Even though it's 47 degrees outside (what the heck is up with that?), I still consider it to be summer even though the first day of summer isn't until June 21. School is over, therefore it's summer. Although, I've been wearing my pea coat for the past couple of days outside. It's very strange weather for this time of year, considering it was nearly 100 this time last year. But, chill, doomsday theorists; the record low was 37 degrees in 1954, so I think we're all safe.

I've spent the past few days job hunting, going to interviews, and enjoying not worrying about literature reviews and case studies. I have tons to do this summer, including taking teacher certification tests and um, GETTING MARRIED!

Twelve weeks???? Um, wow. I have my first dress fitting next week and everything is becoming so insanely real. I have a ton of stuff to get done and I would be lying if I said I was super motivated about it. Not that I'm not excited to get married....I can't wait. This past semester has been one of the most stressful times in my life. So much has gone on these past few months and my mind has been on overdrive. It's nice to not worry about things at the moment.

And about my Whole30...wellll, I've been eating mostly paleo, but it's been difficult with finals and everything. Yes, I'm making excuses, but oh well. I fell off of the paleo wagon after finals (hello, celebratory tacos!) and I feel the effects of it. I was feeling awesome abstaining from sugar and grains...now I feel gross and lethargic. I've noticed that when I don't eat gluten for awhile and then I eat it, my skin gets itchy and my heart starts racing. I plan on getting back on the paleo wagon....ummm, now! I'm also planning on dropping coffee, but that wasn't going to happen during finals. I have managed to give up soda, however. Baby steps!

As far as the next few months, I plan on working, working out, soaking up some sun, wedding planning, writing and (maybe) working on the literature review for my master's thesis.

Right now, with everything that's going on, my mantra is "pray about everything, worry about nothing." Easier said than done, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment