Thursday, May 16, 2013

Getting crafty

Well, Saturday marks the 10-week mark until our wedding and two weeks until my first dress fitting!

I just really can't believe how fast time is flying by! I still have tons to do. We have yet to take out engagement photos and plan on doing those soon. I'm struggling though, because I'm picky and like simple things. I can't think of any other outfits I want to wear other than jeans and black shirts. Suggestions? I will do my own makeup for our pictures, but will more than likely get my hair done. I want big, Southern girl hair. The higher the hair, the closer to God and I need all of the heavenly guidance I can get right now.

Our venue is beautiful by itself, but there are some personal touches I want to add. Pinterest has some adorable signs and I plan on getting crafty this weekend! It's been awhile since I've made anything. I like doing crafts, but if I can buy something already made, I will. But, in the case of the signs I want, I figure I will have fun making those myself.


I absolutely love this one! Two of Chase's nephews are ring bearers and I want one of them to carry this sign. I think it's so adorable.

 
I really like something like this to set near the beginning of the aisle.
 
 
And this!
 
 
And, in Oklahoma, country music lyrics are always good!
 
I'm also looking at making a few other things, including my bouquet. We also haven't figured out the catering situation. We're having an afternoon wedding, so we just want something light. And, I also need to finalize what I'm wearing and bridesmaids' accessories...and flower girl dress and invitations...and my hair...
 
So much to do! I never realized there was so much involved with weddings. Luckily, our venue supplies a lot of things, so that helps! I'm also not much of a flower girl, so there won't be very many flowers in my wedding. 
 
Any tips or tricks for plannng the big day? 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment