Wednesday, August 14, 2013

What I Ate Wednesday #1 [is mac and cheese paleo?}

A couple of years ago, I had another blog and sometimes did "WIAW" or "What I Ate Wednesday." This weekly blogger shindig is hosted by Jenn from Peas and Crayons and it's so much fun to see what other people are eating. Swing on by her site to check out what others have been chowing down on and keep reading to see my eats for today which are, admittedly, not the best!

I've been trying to get back on the wagon after the wedding, but I haven't been too successful! And, when my hubby requested homemade bacon and chicken mac and cheese, what kind of wife would I be if I told him no?


Can't start my mornings without it!

I wasn't super hungry this morning, so I just started out with my usual coffee with coconut oil and cinnamon. So good. So addicting. I'm dying to try bulletproof coffee (coffee with butter!), but when I went to Sprouts today, they were out of Kerrygold butter (grassfed butter, a vital component of bulletproof coffee). 


Ketchup added after pic

Lunch was leftovers from dinner I made the other night. I had an unpictured roasted chicken breast and this bowl full of roasted potatoes and sauteed zucchini and mushrooms. I had some kombucha to drink. 


Bacon = love

And then, for dinner....let's just say dinner involved a pound of bacon, a stick of butter, a pound of macaroni, and 1 1/2 pounds of cheese. 


Yum!

It was super good and received the hubby's approval. I forgot to take a picture of my plate, we also had a salad with romaine, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, and cucumbers from Sprouts. I love having health food stores and farmers markets to buy produce at. The cucumbers were so good — Chase laughed at me, but I hate Walmart's cucumbers. They taste like water and the skin is smooth. Sprouts' cucumbers had bumpy skin (which is why I purchased them) and they were so good. Even my non-veggie lovin' man commented on how good they were.


And, it looks like we're going to be eating macaroni for a long time!

Chase bought me a car yesterday and all I want to do is drive around. I've been begging him to go for a ride to get some ice cream, but I don't think it's going to work. There's a place down the road that advertised key lime custard and I'm dying to try it out!

What did you eat? Anyone have tips on cooking for two?


No comments:

Post a Comment