Friday, August 9, 2013

It's official....I'm a Scott!

Well, yesterday I changed my name on my social security card and driver's license. I messed up at the DMV because I signed my maiden name first — I told the old man behind the counter that I was going to have trouble remember that my name changed. He told me he (Chase) would have trouble too. The man wasn't wearing a ring...soooo, I'm not sure what that means!

The last month has been such a whirlwind. On July 3, Chase returned from his job training in Houston. On July 8, he went to Tulsa to finish his training and we found a place to live on July 9, found out we were approved on July 10, and we moved most of our stuff on July 12. The next week, I was back and forth getting items that we had left. On July 21, we were finally able to get everything out of Stillwater! My besties (one being Lindseyyyyy) flew in on July 24 and we were married July 27 and left for our honeymoon on July 28.

Whew! I get tired just thinking about it. My mom said one day, we will look back and laugh on everything, but I'm still not laughing! I keep hoping things are going to slow down, but I'm afraid they're not going to. I've started some new freelancing projects and have begun looking at my schedule for the upcoming semester (one week!). Because I will be commuting, it looks as though I will be leaving my apartment around 6:20 a.m. and I won't be getting home around 10 p.m. (if I drive) or 12 a.m. if I ride a bus that goes between the two campuses. Man, oh man.

But, even after all of the craziness and stress, the wedding was amazing and I'm so happy to be married to my best friend! I plan on doing a wedding recap once I get my professional photos!

It was so, so good to see Lindsey and Jeannette. I hadn't seen Jeannette in four years or Lindsey in six!!!! But, you never would have guessed it. It was as though there had been no time apart...buuuut, it went by way too fast and I miss them!

Anyways, here are a few pics with Jeannette and Lindsey.







I plan on blogging on the reg now, so posts on the wedding, honeymoon, cousin's wedding, first weeks as newlyweds (haven't burned anything yet) etc to come!

I'm sad to see the summer winding down. Usually about this time, I am so excited for fall! I'm not yet though...maybe it's because it feels as though I haven't had much of a summer (time wise, not quality wise!). 

But then I think about everything being flavored with pumpkin and I'm like hmmm, OK!

How was your summer? Are you excited about fall?


1 comment:

  1. Miss you already!!! You're so pretty and your wedding was perfect! Can't wait to see you so we can get our bestie tats! :)

    ReplyDelete