Thursday, June 13, 2013

Quick update: changes

Well, once again, I've been seriously slacking in the blog writing department. Chase and I returned home from my parents after being gone for a week, were home for two days, then he went to Houston for a job interview, we were home for one day, then we went to his parents' for the weekend, went shopping for engagement pics on Monday, and had our engagement pics on Tuesday. And, he started his new job yesterday...yay!

Engagement pics were so much fun!!! I fell in love with our photographer Kriea Arie at the first wedding show we attended and, thanks to my future MIL, we were able to take pics with her. I chose Bricktown in Oklahoma City as the location and I couldn't be happier! I absolutely love old buildings and Kriea went above and beyond my expectations. She took us to some really obscure places...I fell down in my heels, had glass shards in my feet, we were bitten by fire ants, but I think it was totally worth it! I can't wait to see the pics.

I did my own hair and makeup for our pictures. Our session was at 10 a.m. and, since it was already scorching outside, I was glad it was early! But, that also meant no one was available to do my hair. Doing my own makeup was crazy. I followed a photo of a heavily made-up Kim Kardashian and put more makeup on than I ever think I've worn. I freaked out when I couldn't find my eyelash glue, but Chase made an emergency stop at CVS and I applied my lashes in the car.

They may have been applied a little wonky, but hopefully I was able to conceal that with eyeliner! Kriea took lots of pictures of my lashes and complimented me on my makeup so I guess I did alright.


I also got a spray tan and put some fake nails on. I felt kind of silly going to lunch and the mall all dolled up like I was ready for a night on the town! 



We went to lunch at this amazing restaurant called Whiskey Cake. They are a farm-to-table restaurant, which means that they source their food and materials locally as much as they can. They also had locally made products for sale and a garden on-site. Chase had a burger and couldn't stop "MMMM"- ing. He said it was the best burger he has ever had and the waitress told us they use brisket meat that they grind daily.

I had a chicken cheese melt on sourdough (some studies suggest that that the fermentation used in making sourdough bread breaks down gluten....good news, because I love sourdough bread!). It had the best chicken I've ever tasted...the waitress said they let the chicken marinade in spices for 12 hours and they roast it over a spit. The sandwich also had pesto, havarti, avocado and bacon. So good!

We were stuffed, but took home the restaurant's namesake dessert for later. I can't even begin to explain the whiskey cake, but it was heaven! And it was topped with delicious freshly whipped cream.

As I said before, Chase started his new job and I am thrilled! Except, we are now moving to Tulsa after we get married. I'm excited about living in Tulsa, because I keep hearing what an amazing place it is. I just hate packing, moving and unpacking!!!

Update on gluten free...um, amazing (except for Whiskey Cake!). The joint pain I experienced after my food splurge in Alabama has gone away since I dropped the gluten. Totally worth it! I had to abstain from some treats this past weekend, including some yummy looking sweets at a baby shower, but it was worth it! I found an amazing bakery in Oklahoma City called Green Goodies that makes the best gluten free cupcakes! Apparently, they just won an episode of Cupcake Wars. I want to go back....fortunately, they're located near Whole Foods, so I can enjoy one with an almond milk latte!

Sorry for the randomness! I promise I'm trying to get this thing in order!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment